Your guide to visiting Chinatown London
Chinatown London is ready and waiting for you. To help ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience that keeps you wanting more, here is our guide for visiting the area, in line with the government’s recent COVID-19 guidelines.
Before leaving home
- Phone, keys, wallet, MASK! Don’t forget your mask when leaving the house as you will need this in restaurants (when not at your table) as well as in all retail shops. Of course, if you have an exemption, just notify the waiter at front of house so they are aware.
- Have you downloaded the NHS track and trace app? To help keep everyone safe, we recommend everyone downloads this app (just search ‘NHS COVID-19’ in your phone’s app store) before your visit.
- We still recommend checking details with individual restaurants or shops ahead of your visit as opening hours may vary in these changing times.
- If you have a particular restaurant destination in mind, we recommend phoning ahead of your visit to make a reservation or use their online booking systems.
Opening hours and dining-in
- Please be aware that restaurants, pubs and bars in Chinatown London will close 10pm at the latest.
- Remember the rule of 6. This means, the maximum number of people per booking is 6 people.
- All venues are table service only…giving you more time to sit and catch up with your friends and family whilst waiting for your food and drink!
Social Distancing and Outdoor seating
- We encourage all of our visitors to adopt the recommended social distancing measures, and we have installed additional outdoor tables and seating in Newport Place available from 12pm until early evening for visitors to enjoy the area safely.
- Make the most of our tables by ordering one of our special #LoveChinatown takeaway offers from selected restaurants for £8 or £10.
Personal Protective Equipment
- All businesses in Chinatown London will have protective measures in place with staff required to wear masks.
- If you’re needing a new mask (or just fancy an upgrade), head to Maskey at 25 Wardour Street where you can purchase an affordable high-quality replacement.
Cleaning and Hand Sanitation Points
- We have regularly maintained hand sanitation points across Chinatown London which we encourage visitors to use.