LNY 2022 Instagram Giveaway T’s & C’s
Lunar New Year 2022 Instagram Giveaway: TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The following terms and conditions set out how you can win Chinatown London LNY prizes as part of the Lunar New Year Instagram prize draw (“Promotion”).
- The promoter of this Promotion is Shaftesbury Chinatown PLC of 22 Ganton Street, Carnaby, London, United Kingdom, W1F 7FD (“Promoter”) and Street & Co (“Administrator”).
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to be unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material relating to this Promotion. A copy of these terms and conditions shall be available online for the duration of the Promotion and for 4 weeks following the Closing Date, at: https://chinatown.co.uk/en/.
- This Promotion is open only to legal residents of the UK (England, Scotland and Wales) and is not open to those residing in any country or location outside of the UK.
- You must be at least 18 years of age or (if higher) the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside to participate in the Promotion. Those under the age of 18 cannot participate in the Promotion and even if they do participate and win, they will not be awarded the Prizes.
- The Promotion is not open to:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies; or
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, including Promoter’s advertising agencies and sales promotion consultancy, or
- anyone else who is professionally connected with the Promotion or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and/or (b) above.
In entering the Promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize you may win.
Starting date and closing date
- The Promotion begins on 04.02.22 at 12:00:00 GMT (“Opening Date“) and ends on 30.02.22 at 16:00:00 GMT (“Closing Date“) (“Promotion Period”).
- Only entrants who have submitted entries within the Promotion Period shall be eligible to participate in the Promotion. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Each winner will be entitled to one of the following prizes: A £100 voucher to spend at selected venues in Chinatown London for which the vouchers apply (to be arranged between Winners and Chinatown London): Restaurants include Plum Valley, Dumplings Legend, JinLi, Shanghai Modern, Rasa Sayang, Leong’s Legend, Viet Food, Shu Xiangge, C&R Cafe, Feng Shui Inn, Four Seasons, Misato, Orient London. Other prizes include 1 x See Woo ingredient bundle (each a “Prize“, together the “Prizes“). The total number of prizes is 6 prizes.
- The Prize must be redeemed in Chinatown London. Travel to and from Chinatown London is not included in the Prize. Therefore the winner will need to easily get to the area.
- A Challenge 25 policy shall be enforced at the venue / event. Winner(s) must comply with this policy and provide evidence of age as required at the venue / event. Promoter shall not be responsible for any non-attendance due to winner’s failure to comply with this policy.
- Prizes are as stated, and are not negotiable or transferable. Prizes cannot be substituted for a cash alternative.
- Prizes are subject to availability. Restaurant bookings are subject to availability. [Please contact Chinatown London to confirm. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prizes become unavailable for any reason.
- The Prizes are supplied by third party merchants (“Promotion Suppliers”). The Promoter is not the supplier(s) of the Prizes or an agent of the supplier(s) of the Prizes. The Promoter makes no warranty or representation as to the quality, value, merchantability or fitness for purpose of the Prizes and assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or omissions of the Promotion Suppliers or any non-performance by Promotion Suppliers or defects in the Prizes.
- The entire Prize must be claimed within 7 days of notification and used by the end of December 2022.
How to enter
- To enter, Visit the Instagram page @chinatownlondon and follow Chinatown London and the relevant third party mentioned in the post on Instagram. You most like the post in question and tag a friend in the comments.
- The Promotion is free to enter. No purchase necessary.
- There is a limit of one entry per person
- The Promoter will not accept entries that are: automatically generated by computer; completed by agents, third parties or organised groups; completed in bulk; incomplete; illegible; altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or photocopies and not original.
- An Instagram account is required for entry. Entrants must be the owner of the account from which the entry is received. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for the account.
- In the event that an entrant submits multiple entries in a single day via Instagram, the first entry only shall be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove any offensive, infringing or inappropriate posts published on its social media pages and/or published in connection with the Promotion, and to exclude those responsible for such posts from the Promotion.
Selection of winners
- Within 7 days of the Closing Date, winner(s) will be selected at random by a computer process from all eligible entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions (each a “Winner”, together the “Winners”).
- The Winner(s) of the Promotion will be announced on Promoter’s Instagram Stories within [7 from the Closing Date] (“Announcement Date“). The decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the outcome of the Promotion, except for with the Winner(s).
- Except to the extent that the Promoter is prevented by law from doing so, the Promoter will publish the surname and county of residence of the Winner(s) on Instagram Stories.
- If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter Chinatown London. In such circumstances, the Promoter may still provide the information and winning entry to a relevant regulator on request.
Claiming the prize
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to notify the Winner(s) by private inbox message on Instagram within ten (10) business days from the Closing Date. The Winner(s) must, within ten (10) working days of being notified as the Winner, confirm to the Promoter by return message that entrant wishes to accept the Prize.
- Winners will receive their Prize by e-mail within  working days of being notified as the Winner]
- If the Winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their Prize within ten (10) working days of receiving notification of the same, the Promoter reserves the right to randomly select by a draw performed by a computer process an alternative Winner.
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on a Winner’s behalf. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if a Winner is not able to take up the Prize.
- To be announced as a Winner, and to claim a Prize, the entrant must have complied with and remain in compliance with these terms and conditions.
- If an entrant does not comply with all of the above requirements within the above time frames, or if Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may disqualify the entrant without any liability to that entrant, and where entrant is a potential Winner, select a replacement Winner.
- The Promoter may employ measures to detect and prevent fraudulent or abusive activities in connection with the Promotion. The Promoter reserves its right to disqualify you, without prior notice and without liability to you, if the Promoter, in its sole discretion, believes that you have engaged in fraudulent or abusive activities in connection with the Promotion.
Limitations on liability
- By accepting a Prize, the Winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Promoter and its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion, inability to participate in the promotion, or receipt of, use or misuse of any Prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software failures of any kind including any injury or damage to any person’s computer account resulting from participating in this Promotion, or mis-transcribed data; (3) unauthorized human intervention or human error which may occur in any part of the entry process or the process for allocating the prize(s); (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or notifications; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if it is possible. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- Nothing in this section shall exclude the Released Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any other liability whose limitation is prohibited by law.
Social media disclaimer
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Instagram is fully released (by entrant and by the Promoter) from all liability that may arise from any matter related to the Promotion, and Instagram may not be held liable for any claim arising from your participation in the Promotion or taking up a Prize.
Ownership of entries and intellectual property rights
- All entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt.
- The Prize may be taxable income under the laws applicable to the Winner(s). Any taxes applicable to the Prize are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Winner(s). The Winner(s) are solely responsible for reporting the Prize to the relevant tax authorities, and paying all taxes applicable to the Prize, as required by the applicable tax laws. Upon request from the Promoter, the Winner(s) will promptly complete and submit to the Promoter all tax forms, certificates or authorizations as may be necessary under the applicable tax laws.
- The Promoter collects and uses personal data to conduct the Promotion, as is necessary for the Promoter to be able to perform its agreement with you and in order to comply with its legal obligations, including to select the winners, deliver the prizes and publish the results (as required by advertising regulations).
- The Promoter will only process personal data submitted to the Promoter as set out in the Promoter’s Privacy Notice, available at https://chinatown.co.uk/en/legal-privacy/ (“Privacy Notice”). This Privacy Notice contains information about how to access, correct or update your personal information, how to make a complaint about a potential breach of privacy and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The Promotion, these terms and conditions and any dispute arising therefrom shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. This choice of law does not deprive you of the protection afforded to you under your own laws and such provisions that cannot be derogated from by agreement by virtue of the law of your jurisdiction.
- The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. This choice of jurisdiction shall not limits your right to bring proceedings, including third party proceedings, in any other court of competent jurisdiction, and the bringing or continuing of proceedings in any one or more jurisdictions shall not preclude the bringing of proceedings in any other jurisdiction, whether concurrently or not, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Please see Promoter’s website https://chinatown.co.uk/en/ for a copy of these terms and conditions. The terms and conditions shall be available until at least four weeks after the Closing Date.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Promotion or amend the Promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- If any provision(s) of these terms and conditions (or any part thereof) are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions (or any part thereof) hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- You may not assign or delegate these terms and conditions or any of your rights and obligations hereunder. Any purported assignment shall be null and void.