Love Chinatown ‘Take-Put’ Special Offer
Sharing the Love in Chinatown
We all need a little love right now, and where better to find it than the glimmering cobbles of one of London’s most dynamic destinations – Chinatown! With our campaign #LoveChinatown, we’ve made some exciting and colourful changes to the area (keep your eyes peeled and skywards) with some delicious offers for visitors. We want you to fall in love all over again with this beautiful, vibrant and unique district of our capital.
Throughout September a selection of Chinatown restaurants will be offering special #LoveChinatown ‘Take-Put’ box dishes for only £8 or £10, so you can grab delicacies to go from your favourite haunts. Some of our most popular dessert venues will also be offering exclusive £5 #LoveChinatown offers and combos. Sound like a sweet deal? Check out what’s on offer below:
LoveChinatown – ‘Take-Put’ dishes:
- Chu Hou Beef Brisket Rice or Garlic Chicken Fried Rice and a Custard Bun – £10
- Wok Fried Soy Cheung Fun and a Veg Bun (V) – £8
- Beef Rendang and Coconut Rice – £10
- Jackfruit and Mixed Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice (V) – £8
- Spicy Seafood Noodles with Jumbo Prawns, Squid, Sliced Fish Cake with Spring Onions – £10
- Sichuan-style Spicy Vegetable Wonton Dumplings Box (V) – £8
- Slow-cooked Pork Belly with Soy Sauce and Steamed Rice – £10
- Stir-fried Spicy Aubergines with Steamed Rice (V) – £8
- Taiwanese Train Bento – Pork Chop, Braised Pork, Pickles and Stewed Egg – £10
- Stir Fried Mixed Vegetables and Stewed Tofu with Rice (V) – £8
(Free drink included: choose from Lychee Freezer or Taiwanese Milk Tea)
- Sweet Chilli Kung Pao Chicken with Rice – £10
- Fried Noodles with Mock Chicken in Black Bean Sauce (V) – £8
- Spicy Garlic Chicken Wings with Rice – £10
- Spinach, Pak Choi, Vermicelli and Mushroom Dumplings (V) – £8
- Beef and Black Pepper with Rice – £10
- Garlic Cabbage with Rice (V) – £8
- Home-style Sirloin & Fresh Water Prawn Skewers with Cold Vermicelli, Glass Noodles, Peanuts and Herbs – £10
- Grilled Pumpkin with Fresh Herbs, Oak Leaf and Quinoa with Lemongrass Dressing (V) – £8
- Teriyaki Octopus Balls + Teriyaki Prawn Balls – £8
LoveChinatown – £5 snack offers and combos:
- Shiratama Dango Platter of 9 rice dumplings, served with three different toppings: sesame, redbean and kinako/kuromitsu
- Taiyaki soft serve ice cream + 4 small custard taiyaki
- Berry Good Combo: original base, cream, strawberry, raspberry, Nutella
- Pork or Chicken Bun and Regular Bubble Tea Drink
- 2 x Sweet Taiyakiya (Japanese Fish Waffle)
- Orange Fruit Tea with Tapioca Pearl Bubble Tea
- Combo A: Teriyaki Octopus balls + original Bubble Tea or Fruit Tea
- Combo B: BIG C 100 Bubble Wrap (Chocolate or Mango)
Enjoy your boxes in the aromatic open air of Newport Place, where brand new outdoor tables are decorated with two traditional motifs; the koi carp, representing perseverance and courage through adversity; and the Lotus Flower, a symbol of self-regeneration and revival.
As well as the new boxes, we’re also making a kaleidoscopic change to the area by switching out Chinatown’s iconic red lanterns for brand new multicoloured versions. Some of the new lanterns have been signed by members of the local community, venue owners and public figures, in a special ceremony.
We’re also launching a digital messaging screen in Newport Place, for you to share your well-wishes and messages of love. Once live you’ll be able to share your message via a special web-link for all to see in Chinatown. We all need a little love right now so please do send your positive vibes and thoughts of hope for the rest of 2020 and beyond.
Tag @chinatownlondon in your images using the hashtag #LoveChinatown to let us know what you love most about Chinatown. What does Chinatown mean to you? We love to hear and re-share your posts and stories!